Thursday, April 11, 2013

I created this blog in order to keep our friends and family in the loop as Steve and I plan and execute our move from Orange County to Cleveland. I will be attending Case Western Reserve University in the fall (and by "fall" I mean academically-speaking, so August), working toward my Ph.D. in art history in the joint program between CWRU and the Cleveland Museum of Art.

When I started the Ph.D. application process last year, the program at Case was one of my top choices because of its affiliation with the CMA, which has a wonderful armor collection (see photo). I have been very fortunate to receive a generous fellowship for the (first) five years of my Ph.D. studies, and I'm super excited to start this new chapter of my academic career. 


Steve and I will be traveling to Cleveland next month to look at houses and hopefully sign a lease. Because the neighborhood we're looking at (Cleveland Heights) is located near the university and several large hospitals, rentals with August move-in dates are posted pretty early, as grad students and medical residents and interns often know when they will be leaving even before they move in. We'll post pics from our house-hunting adventure, and of course from our cross-country drive (two cars, two humans, two parrots, one car-sick dog, and one hairless cat) before we get there and continue to keep you updated on our new lives in Cleveland. In the meantime, I'm reading several books about Cleveland and Ohio (obviously) so I'll post fun facts and pics and fill everyone in on why we think Cleveland really does rock. 

xo, e

No comments:

Post a Comment